What We Believe

There are specific laws in Texas that determine how someone can acquire, sell, or transfer ownership of property. On top of those real estate requirements are specific industry terms and conditions that become confusing or frustrating, especially when added to an already stressful situation.

At Phillips & Phillips, we assist you in properly executing your real estate transaction in a straightforward, no-nonsense manner. We advocate for your best interests, properly research and review the real estate details, finalize and correct the required documents, provide clarity on terms and conditions, and execute the deal in a legally sound manner.

Some of the real estate services we can help with are deeds, notes, deeds of trust, earnest money contracts, leases, wills, affidavits of heirship, and powers of attorney.

Additionally, both Kenneth Phillips and Ross Phillips are fee attorneys for American Title Company of Houston.

Lady of Justice

Woman signing paperwork

real estate law
Our Services
    • Deeds
  • Notes
  • Deeds of Trust
  • Earnest Money Contracts
  • Leases
  • Wills
  • Affidavits of Heirship
  • Powers of Attorney
Deed: $300 + recording  |  Note Deed of Trust: $300 + recording of DOT
Earnest Money Contract: $200* if standard form*
Leases $200* if standard form*
Wills w/POA $500* if standard format*
Affidavit of Heirship $500

(pricing subject to change)


Law You Can Understand

Legal action can sometimes be overwhelming. We are dedicated to providing help in language you can understand. Just ask if you don't feel like you understand your options. We'll find an explanation that works for you.

We Focus on Results

When you work with us, we start by making a plan to get you the results you need. We will help you understand the law surrounding your circumstances so you are comfortable with your next best step.

Experienced & Ethical

We have a combined 41+ years of experience and a drive to adhere to practices in the best interest of our clients. We follow all legal regulations to conduct ourselves in a manner that serves the highest level of law.
Get Started Today

Let’s Figure This Out Together.

The sooner you take action, the better the outcome. Contact us to schedule a consultation.

Popular Questions

1. How do I transfer title to land?

In order to transfer the title to land, you need a deed, which is a legal document with specific, required information noting that the transfer of title is taking place. There are different types of deeds in the State of Texas, and once the proper deed is completed, there is a process to follow to officially transfer the title.

2. What paperwork is required to get a title in my name after a family member’s death?

It’s difficult to lose a loved one, and the added stress of paperwork to transfer titles and other estate assets can be a lengthy one. For each client, we review the individual’s case and advise on the paperwork necessary to transfer the title.

3. What are my responsibilities under a given legal document?

We’re so passionate about making sure our clients understand the terms and conditions of any legal documents their name is attached to. We work to break down the legal language so that you can clearly understand it.